Gruppo Uma Food Corporation, in cooperation with “The National Food Showdown” by TV Food Chefs Inc. of ABS–CBN Corporation chaired by Chef Myrna Segismundo, will hold “SABOR BISAYA – A Culinary Competition and Food Expo” on July 15-16, 2011, from 9am to 6pm, at the Convention Hall of the Bacolod Pavilion Hotel. This is an event dedicated to upgrade the level of standards of the Foodservice Industry Professionals and Students in the Visayas Region.
This event is the first in Bacolod City and was conceptualized by Jomi Gaston of Trattoria Uma and Cafe Uma. He was the host of the Promdi Chef, a cooking show previously aired at the TV5.
Below is the Sabor Bisaya schedule to guide you on the activities on July 15-16, 2011.
July 15, 2011 Friday
- Visayan Cuisine Challenge (Student) 8:00AM – 9:00AM
- Organic Cuisine Challenge (Student) 9:30AM – 10:30AM
- On the Spot Table Setting Challenge (Student) 10:00AM – 11:30AM
- Seafood Challenge (Student) 11:00AM – 12:00PM
- Creative Fried Rice Challenge (Professional) 2:00PM – 3:00PM
- On the Spot Cake Decorating Challenge (Student) 2:00PM – 3:30PM
- Seafood Challenge (Professional) 1:00PM – 2:00PM
- Franchising & Trademaking Seminar 130pm
- Visayan Cuisine Challenge (Professional) 3:00PM – 4:00PM
July 16, 2011 Saturday
- Chef Wars (Student) 8:00AM – 10:30AM
- Prospects in the Barista Profession 930am
- Organic Cuisine Challenge (Professional) 11:00AM – 12:00PM
- Bartending Challenge (Professional) 11:00AM – 12:00PM
- Bartending Challenge (Student) 1:30PM – 3:00PM
- Chef Wars (Professional) 2:00PM – 3:00PM
- Awarding Ceremony 4:30
There will also be a Food Expo, Product Demonstrations and Culinary Flea Market.
Registration fee is P100 for professionals and P40 for students.