Looking for something different to serve this holiday season? You might want to try this recipe especially if you love mushrooms. Even a kitchen novice like me finds this recipe easy to prepare. You might even want to try this on ordinary days. The original recipe uses lamb but not everybody likes lamb in our household so I opted for pork tenderloin. Since my daughter will also be eating this, I opted for grape juice instead of red wine. You may also opt for mashed potatoes or rice instead of buttered fettuccine.
2 tablespoons Dona Elena olive oil
500 grams pork tenderloin sliced into 5cm cubes
100 grams dried Shiitake mushrooms
1 can (400 grams) Jolly whole button mushrooms, drained and halved
1 cup Welch’s Sparkling Red Grape Juice
2 tablespoon minced garlic
500 grams Dona Elena Al Dente Fettuccine
50 grams butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Pork Stew With Mushroom Cooking Directions
- Soak dried Shiitake mushroom in hot water to cover for about 30 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup soaking liquid.
- Put olive oil in a large pan with lid over medium heat. When hot, add tenderloin chunks in small batches, removing them as they brown and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- With the remaining oil, add drained Shiitake and button mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to brown. Add the garlic and continue cooking until the mushrooms are dry and lightly brown.
- Add grape juice and the reserved Shiitake soaking liquid.
- Slow cook in low heat for about 30 minutes or until meat is very tender. Cool and set aside for a few hours.
Buttered Fettuccine Cooking Directions
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a tablespoon of salt and cook the fettuccine until al dente, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add cooked pasta and mix thoroughly.
Reheat the pork stew and serve on a bed of fettuccine. This recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.
For more recipe ideas, visit the website of Fly Ace Corporation http://www.flyacecorp.com/recipes