A total of 3,400 high school students passed the 2012 DOST Scholarship examinations held last November 20, 2011. The scholarship offered two (2) programs: RA 7687 and DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program. There are 3,000 national qualifiers for RA 7687 and 400 for the DOST-SEI Merit Program.
Click the link below for the complete list of 2012 DOST Scholarship exam passers. The Merit Program result is on Page 67. Just zoom in to get a larger image.
Those who qualified may avail of the following privileges:
- Tuition and other school fees not to exceed Php 6,000/semester/term.
- Allowance for prescribed textbooks and essential school supplies at Php 5,000/academic
- Outright grant for prescribed Military Science/Physical Education uniform of Php 500.00 for first semester, first year only.
- Free transportation for one economy-class round trip fare between permanent residence and place of study on reimbursement basis (for those studying outside of their home province).
- Monthly living allowance for a 10-11month duration depending on the awardee’s scholarships category as full, partial, or special which shall be based on certain socioeconomic indicators:
- For those who will pursue BS Physics, BS Applied Physics, BS Physics for Teachers and BSE Physics Teaching, Geology and Mining Engineering, a monthly living allowance of Php 5,000/P3,150/P2,825; for full/partial/special scholarship, respectively.
- For those who will pursue other DOST priority courses, a monthly living allowance of Php 4,000.00/Php2,400/Php 2,200 for full/partial/special scholarship, respectively
- Post-graduation clothing allowance of P1,000
Those who passed will receive an official notice from DOST. This site is not affiliated with DOST so additional questions to the details of the scholarship will have to be addressed to DOST.
You may contact the nearest DOST office where you submitted your application for the scholarship exam for your inquiries. Here’s a link to the contact numbers of the different DOST Regional Offices.
You may also download the brochure below: